Sunday, January 6, 2013

Project 52, Week 1/52


My Self-portrait, alternately titled, My 2:00 Shadow.  

I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and trying this new thing.  It's a thing where you have a group of girls who decide to post a picture of a week based on a given theme.  The theme for this first week of Project 52 was "Self-Portrait."  

For me, it was either this shot or a picture of me taking a picture of myself in the mirror.  Or a funny looking missing arm girl picture that I take by pointing the camera at myself.  Both of which I tried.  But I like this better, even if it kind of looks like I have a pin head. I was on the Churning Rapids Trails with my sister on a lovely sunny Saturday with my new skis, my Christmas present to myself.  I got a couple of good years out of my old ones, hand me downs circa 1985, but it was definitely time for an upgrade.

This picture defines me because- I'm enjoying the weekend.  I'm enjoying the sun.  I'm enjoying winter (OK technically I prefer summer but I am a glass half full kind of girl).  I'm enjoying the woods.  Also, I'm showing my expert use of my camera  (Push the green power button.  Twist the twisty knob  to Scene: Snow.  Take the picture.)  

Now, if you're still reading, please check out Theresa's self-portrait at http://www.hpartyoffour.blogspot.com/.

4 comments:

  1. What a great interpretation, Laurel! And great to meet you :) Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Laurell! ....especially the title and the technical aspect... laughing in the mitten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Hope you are enjoying yourself :)

    ReplyDelete