Monday, March 11, 2013

Project 52, 10/52

Fragile

This is a super fancy art installation at our super fancy hotel at the reading conference I went to with some teacher friends this weekend.  

It seems kind of fragile.
   
I love going to conferences because at this point in the year, the love I have for my job has become a little fragile.  The joy is harder to hang on to.  My patience wears thin sooner than it did last fall.  My smile feels a little bit stuck on sometimes.  My first graders are as cute as ever, so it's not their fault at all. I just need a little re-charge.

Then, I go to a conference and share, collaborate, and learn.  I talk to grown-ups.  We discuss, we vent, we brainstorm, we laugh, we even cry.  It's great.  And now I'm all excited about my job again- I have so much more to teach my kids and only a couple more months to get it all done!

To see some more "fragile," check in with Theresa here.



1 comment: